MSV Shakti Liveaboard
Shakti was launched in 2001. The captain, owner and operator is a (once upon a time) Scotsman - David Pagliari. It all started in Tanah Beru, a small village about 4 hours South East from Makassar. This place has a long and interesting boat-building history.
You would think the first step of building a massive wooden boat would probably be endless paper work and plans over it's construction – but the Pinisi Schooner builders craft the boats from centuries of oral tradition and instinct. Together with a carpenter team of 14 Indonesians, Shakti’s hull was built within a year and a half.
After the hull was finished Dave spent a long time thinking about all the little details for the interior, machinery, electronics, navigation tools etc. and so it took him another year until Shakti was ready to launch.
Shakti Features and Layouts
6 cabins with air conditioning. Shared bathroom.
- Maximum 12 guests.
- 4 spacious cabins below deck with double and one single bed.
2 single cabins above deck with one double bed.
- 3 bathrooms with toilet, shower, sink.
- 1 outdoor shower
- spacious AV lounge below deck with a big white board and .projector for home cinema, air conditioned
individual charging stations.
- 3 camera tables.
- 2 alloy ribs with tank racks.
- 1x 6.2m
- 1 x 4.5m
- Breakfast: Continental with fresh fruit and fresh baked bread,
you can order your individual breakfast egg style directly from the chef.
- Lunch and Dinner - a mix of Western and Asian food with lots of fish, seafood, vegetables, chicken and beef.
- Diverse snacks are served every day (fresh cake, cookies, nuts, etc.)
Terms and Conditions
Note: We can take no responsibility for scheduling or itinerary changes due to changing weather, political situations, natural disasters or other events beyond our control. We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any kind of trip you do anywhere in the world. We also recommend that you have DAN or other diving accident insurance up to date and current in case of an unanticipated evacuation or other treatment that may not be covered by your regular insurance.
Shakti Schedules and Prices
Please use the schedules below to plan your trip. This does not show real-time availability, please use the shopping cart or email for that. You may also use the search bar at the top of each page to search for more options.